Essential Items for Calling the US
Please note that this is not an “all inclusive” list – please contact us for a detailed overview of all requirements.
- USCG-approved Vessel Response Plan
- Contract with Qualified Individual (QI) and Spill Management Team (SMT)
- Contract with Oil Spill Removal Organization (OSRO) provide
- 2 companies providing services nationwide
- Contract with Salvage & Marine Fire Fighting provider
- Currently 5 companies provide services nationwide
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility (COFR)
- EPA NPDES Vessel General Permit (VGP)
- Notice of Intent (NOI) filed
- 96 hour advance Notification of Arrival (ENOA) to National Vessel Movement Center (NVMC)
The following state requirements should be considered, in addition to the essential items listed above:
- Alaska Contingency Plan
- Alaska Certificate of Financial Responsibility (COFR)
- Alaska Incident Management Team
- Alaska OSRO coverage – two companies supply additional coverage, based on where in Alaska the vessel is calling
- California Contingency Plan
- California Certificate of Financial Responsibility (COFR)
- Vessel(s) calling the Guam Captain of the Port (COTP) zone must have a contract with a local OSROs: Guam Response Services, Ltd. and/or T&T Marine/OSRO Co.
- Vessel(s) calling Pago Pago / American Samoa must have a contract with a local OSRO: Solar, Inc.
- Vessel(s) must be entered into Texas General Land Office (TGLO) Vessel Database